Entranced.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of EFM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

EFM Store

:: EFM Store ::

Diggs and the Vikings

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA linchao
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 8560

linchao is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website linchao's Favorites are Private
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:45 pm   Post subject: Diggs and the Vikings Reply with quote

Days before opening training camp Clayton Geathers Jersey , the Cleveland Browns learned Josh Gordon will be missing again.

For how long remains unclear.

The troubled wide receiver, who has been suspended numerous times over the past six years by the NFL for drug violations, said on Twitter that he won’t be with the team for the start of camp as he continues to recover from addictions that have derailed his once-promising career.

Gordon has missed two full years after being indefinitely suspended by Commissioner Roger Goodell and hasn’t played a complete season since 2013, when he led the league in yards receiving and scored nine touchdowns.

While Gordon’s social media post was vague, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the 27-year-old has not been suspended.

”We will address the matter at the appropriate time,” McCarthy said in an email to The Associated Press, adding ”there’s no timetable” on Gordon’s return.

Gordon’s disclosure came as the Browns are preparing to begin camp under coach Hue Jackson following a 0-16 season.

The team overhauled its roster during the offseason, adding former Buffalo quarterback Tyrod Taylor, Pro Bowl receiver Jarvis Landry and a few other potential starters in trades before drafting Heisman Trophy-winning QB Baker Mayfield with the first overall pick.

Gordon had been a major part of Cleveland’s plans for 2018, but those could now be on hold.

In recent weeks, rumors that Gordon failed a drug test circulated on social media. But it wasn’t until he posted his message Monday that it became known he could be sidelined again.

”I am reaching out to you all personally and letting you know that I am not only doing great physically but mentally as well Randy White Jersey ,” Gordon wrote in a statement directed to ”my Cleveland Browns and NFL Family.”

”You will notice that I will not be in Cleveland for the start of training camp. Rest assured, this, too, is a part of my overall health and treatment plan. I appreciate the awesome support I have received from teammates, friends, fans, and the Browns organization. Just like you, I am excited to start the season and I have every intention of being ready and available to join my teammates soon to help bring winning football to our fans.”

Gordon later followed up with a tweet that said, ”Thanks again.. See ya soon.”

Because he is in Stage 3 of the NFL’s substance-abuse program, Gordon is subject to random drug testing. He faces another indefinite suspension for any violation.

Gordon has missed 43 of Cleveland’s past 48 games because of suspensions. Last year, he was reinstated by Goodell following a three-month stay in a rehab facility. He returned for the Browns’ final five games and caught 18 passes for 335 yards and a touchdown.

Before he returned Erik Swoope Jersey , Gordon revealed the depths of his substance abuse, saying he had never played in an NFL game sober.

Gordon participated in Cleveland’s offseason programs, and the team has been encouraged by his commitment to staying clean and active.

Browns general manager John Dorsey said the team has Gordon’s back.

”We will continue to support Josh as he receives the care needed to maintain his progress,” Dorsey said. ”We are going to respect his privacy while he is away from the team. Josh will be placed on the non-football illness reserve list until he is ready to return.”

Cleveland will have its first practice Thursday. Gordon’s announcement is another blow to an organization trying to rebuild following numerous losing seasons. The Browns haven’t been to the playoffs since 2002 and have lost at least 10 games in 15 seasons since 1999.

During minicamp last month, Gordon claimed to be in the best shape of his life and boasted that with he and Landry, the Browns had the league’s best receiving corps.

Gordon also said he felt fortunate to be getting another chance.

”Right now for me it’s a bunch of the small victories day to day, just being able to come to work,” he said on June 12. ”Like the little, little things. Having some structure in my life.”

Gordon has played in just 40 career games since the Browns selected him in the 2012 supplemental draft.

The Minnesota Vikings are signing wide receiver Stefon Diggs a five-year contract for a value of $81 million, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.Vikings giving WR Stefon Diggs a five-year extension with a total value of $81 million that includes just over $40 million in guaranteed money, per source. Diggs has not had a 100-catch nor 1000-yard season Taron Johnson Jersey , but he has lots of ability.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 31, 2018The 24-year-old Diggs has been Minnesota's best wide receiver in each of the last three seasons. As Schefter noted above, he hasn't get broke 1,000 receiving yards, but Diggs has come close twice. He had 903 receiving yards in 2016 despite missing three games, and 849 in 2017 (Diggs missed two games).So if healthy, Diggs has shown the ability to become a 1,000-yard receiver. And with the Vikings landing prized quarterback free agent Kirk Cousins in the offseason, Diggs will have the best quarterback of his young career. Add it all up, and Diggs may have a career year in 2018.Though Diggs garnered a reputation around the league as one of the better up-and-coming wideouts, he's already best remembered for his play in the 2017 NFC Divisional Round. With the Vikings trailing the New Orleans SaintsWith the Vikings trailing by a point and only 10 seconds remaining on the clock T.J. Green Jersey , quarterback Case Keenum found Diggs on the sidelines. Somehow, Saints safety Marcus Williams missed the tackle and ducked under Diggs, allowing the latter to run to the end zone for a 61-yard walk off touchdown. The play was later known as 'The Minneapolis Miracle', and Diggs has already cemented himself in Viking lore. With a shiny new contract, Diggs and the Vikings will try and take it to the next level in 2018.Diggs' extension comes a month after the Vikings gave defensive end Danielle Hunter a $72 million contract extension. GM Rick Spielman has been among the busiest this offseason, also signing the aforementioned Cousins and Pro Bowl defensive lineman, Sheldon Richardson.The Vikings are banking on a breakout year from Diggs in 2018, as the new contract shows. With Cousins coming to town, the sky is the limit for this Minnesota offense. De'Anthony Melton Jersey ,
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: