Entranced.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of EFM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

EFM Store

:: EFM Store ::

Mushroom Jazz (Vols 1-5) by Mark Farina

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Do you want to hear Farina's ground-breaking trip-hop?
Sure, get all of 'em!
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Well, maybe one or two...
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Hmmm, I don't know...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nah!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

USA Luther_III
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 53

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message Luther_III's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:29 pm   Post subject: Mushroom Jazz (Vols 1-5) by Mark Farina Reply with quote

I think the critically-acclaimed Mushroom Jazz series by DJ Mark Farina would make a very nice addition to EFM. Even though the albums are presented as continuous mixes, the individual tracks stand well enough on their own.
(Sorry about multiple albums in one post, but I thought this would be most efficient.)

Here are the Amazon links, each of which has track listings and listenable samples:

Mushroom Jazz

Mushroom Jazz, Vol 2

Mushroom Jazz, Vol 3

Mushroom Jazz, Vol 4

Mushroom Jazz, Vol 5

Mark Farina's Mushroom Jazz series has been described as "Trip-hop," "Acid Jazz," and others, and features smooth, down-tempo beats, electronics, and samples, interspersed with occasional sung or rapping vocals. The original is considered to be influential to hundreds of later DJs around the world. Here is the Amazon review of Vol 3:

Continuing the highly popular Mushroom Jazz series, Mark Farina goes for late-night purple velvet and downtempo 2 a.m. atmospheres on this third installment, resulting in an electronic release for lounge lizards the world over. A basic hip-hop loop is the canvas throughout this 19-track mix, and on it Farina paints a series of smooth, sometimes shady but always sassy portraits that result in a thoroughly credible, electronically glazed slow-jam record. Opening with the wholly seductive cruise control of "California Sauce" by King Kooba, Farina goes on to introduce the silky-smooth, French lounge of Raw Instinct's "De la Bass," the late-night Manhattan flavors of Herb Alpert's "Flirtation," and the warm Philadelphia evening breeze of Slide Five's "Streamline." In deftly fusing jazz and hip-hop with downtempo beats, Farina has produced a mix that works for thoughtful driving, romantic evenings, and hip soirées. --Steffan Chirazi

I have also seen a "Best of Mushroom Jazz: Vols 1-5" on iTunes, but not at Amazon or anywhere else.

Good stuff!
Mr. Green
USA Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 3

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther,

I like it! I am probably going to get the Best of Mushroom Jazz first, since I can't afford to buy all of the them right now. Then over time I will fill in with each album.

Saff
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA Luther_III
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 53

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message Luther_III's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Saff,

I have BoMJ from iTunes; like I said, I think it's only available there. It's a solid compilation, and I highly recommend it.

I'm glad you're keen on adding it!

Luther
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 168

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Vol 2, 3, 4 and 5 are available:

Mushroom Jazz, Vol 2

Mushroom Jazz, Vol 3

Mushroom Jazz, Vol 4

Mushroom Jazz, Vol 5
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: