Entranced.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of EFM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

EFM Store

:: EFM Store ::

Member's Rating
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Dufresne
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 45

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:00 pm   Post subject: Member's Rating Reply with quote

Everyone already knows that you can rate albums, but not everyone is doing it. From the other discussion, it looks like there are more than a couple of us around here that are still getting used to Chill/Trance. Seeing that something has been rated highly, might help others out when going to make requests, especially when it's an artist that you might not be super familiar with. That's what I think. Some people, don't pay attention to ratings because they like what they like, but it might be good at a new station like this.

~D
Dufresne
Ensign
Ensign

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

...and, a "Gold Star" to Peaches Cool for always asking that listeners rate her requests.
Peaches
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 23

Peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dufresne wrote:
...and, a "Gold Star" to Peaches Cool for always asking that listeners rate her requests.

Embarassed Thanks for noticing Defresne...

I like to hear different music, so searching out the unrated albums is my way of focusing on that desire. I do this on #SST# as well, but as there are more people / requests, it is not as obvious.

Tootles
Nate
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Nate's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dufresne wrote:
Everyone already knows that you can rate albums, but not everyone is doing it. From the other discussion, it looks like there are more than a couple of us around here that are still getting used to Chill/Trance.

I think rating albums is great and encouraged. I try to rate albums when I feel I have heard enough of the album to give a fair rating.

I do think it is important we don't go too crazy about encouraging every album be voted on because then some will rate it simply to rate it and then the ratings start to have less meaning (someone rating an album a five just to rate it, etc).

Dufresne wrote:
Seeing that something has been rated highly, might help others out when going to make requests, especially when it's an artist that you might not be super familiar with. That's what I think. Some people, don't pay attention to ratings because they like what they like, but it might be good at a new station like this.

I agree with this comment, generally higher ratings encourage a person to pick something they are unfamiliar with to try it. This is why it is important to rate albums when you feel you have heard enough to make a fair judgement because then the ratings will have the most meaning and impact.

Just my thoughts on the subject. Still learning more about the whole genre of music everyday and enjoying the wonderful site!
wrabbit
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 35

wrabbit is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail wrabbit's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with nate. Shocked shocker!

i'm definitely rating what i like when i hear enough of it, and have been trying to rate what i request, if nothing else, to give feedback to saffron on what's popular with listeners for future purposes.

kudos to peaches for her voting encouragment!
Nate
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Nate's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

wrabbit wrote:

Why is it so shocking to agree with Nate Razz?!
Peaches
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
wrabbit wrote:

Nate, because you are a ~boy~? Laughing

Peaches
Canada LMarrese
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

aw

Member#: 36

LMarrese is offline View user's profile Send private message View LMarrese's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Peaches wrote:
natedogg_23 wrote:
wrabbit wrote:

Nate, because you are a ~boy~? Laughing

Peaches

And because you're nate! Razz
Peaches
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

Perhaps we should get this Forum back on Topic.

I know, I know... It is just too much fun poking fun at Nate...

How many albums have you rated?

Peaches
Dufresne
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Peaches wrote:

How many albums have you rated?

Peaches

About 12 or so albums, like Nate I try to make sure I've heard enough to be fair. You know?

But I listen quite a bit when I don't have the site up, just WinAmp, so remembering to write it down, go back later and rate stuff,...yeah, sometimes it doesn't happen. But do I get points for effort?

~D
greentea
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 70

greentea is offline View user's profile Send private message greentea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we can't change ratings once we cast our votes, I'm also taking my time, particularly with the compilation albums. I keep notes by my computer as I'm listening.

I find that most everything is getting a good rating, too! There are a few that have gotten low ones from me, but they are mostly three and above. My system is:

5 = love every track!
4 = great stuff, will likely req from it regularly
3 = probably won't req from it, but don't mind hearing it
2 = I will hit the mute button if I notice it's playing
1 = I will hit the mute button + scowl Mad

I have really done very little scowling here though. Very Happy

Thanks for the great selections! I'm really enjoying exploring the collection here...
Suz
USA Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 3

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if there is a particular track that makes you cringe every time you hear it, please send me an email letting me know. I will listen to it and re-evaluate its overall importance to the playlist.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA Death_Medic
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 117

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Death_Medic's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Guilty of not rating.. I'll have to start doing it now.

Member#: 103

Max is offline View user's profile Send private message View Max's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I rate something if I like it, I also rate something if I don't like it. I've only had a handfull of "don't likes" though.

R
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 117

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Death_Medic's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I always forget to leave a rating... I will try to start leaving them more often.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: