Entranced.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of EFM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

EFM Store

:: EFM Store ::

Our tastes in music
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic 

How do you descrice your musical tastes?
Trance/Chill is definitely my thing
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
I enjoy Trance/Chill, but I have a lot to learn about it
51%
 51%  [ 17 ]
I'll give EFM a try
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Other
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 33

Dufresne
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 45

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:23 pm   Post subject: Our tastes in music Reply with quote

I've always tried to be eclectic in my music collection, and what I listen to. I have listened to and collected soundtracks since I was a kid, with Star Wars being my first. Classical, jazz, big band - I'll give most anything a chance. I first started getting into the lounge/DJ/trance type stuff when Enigma was getting a lot of play in the mid nineties. I fell in love with their sound and have purchased a few of their CD's since then. I also had a friend give me a DJ Tiesto CD a couple years ago he burned for me to give it a listen, and I liked it. I thought Tiesto was very original and musical and not just hard, pounding rave stuff and I liked it.

But like a lot of people, I assume, there is a lot on the EFM playlist that I'm not too familiar with. So, where do you fit in? Have you been looking all your life for a station like this? You're willing to try it out? Somewhere in the middle?

~D
France alchemist
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 28

alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website alchemist's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic Dufresne!

I'm definitely in the second category. I started listening electronic music many years ago (when I was a kid!) but only came recently to trance music.

This station is very entertaining, I can discover new artists and re-discover some others Wink
geomancer
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 50

geomancer is offline View user's profile Send private message geomancer's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Second category for me too.

I thought nothing could beat soundtracks for listening to while working. And then EFM came along...

This is great music to help you focus.

I listen to a lot of other stuff as well.

rock, alternative, jam bands, reggae, bluegrass, soul, R&B, hip-hop, funk, classical and jazz.

-basically whatever I can get my hands on

I'm excited to learn more about the lounge/chill/trance genre!
USA Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 3

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that I can comfortably put myself into the first category. Wink

My biggest music collections are soundtracks, chill/trance, and classical. However, I love certain artists in almost all genres. And as I listen to more and more music, I find that each genre has aspects that blend into almost any other genre. So, I am a fan of all music in some ways. (although I have to search hard to like country and rap)
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
bpewien
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 42

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website bpewien's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Saffron wrote:
I feel that I can comfortably put myself into the first category. Wink

I'd be shocked if you weren't, since you lead this ship! Wink
I'm usually not that much into trance and electronics, but I'll surely give it a try... and since there's such a nice community around...

LEAD ON! Cool
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 35

wrabbit is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail wrabbit's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in the second category also. i've heard the chill/trance sound and always liked it, especially, as dufresne said, when enigma came to fame. i've never made any purchases though, afraid i'd be picking out all the wrong stuff (like too extreme in either direction) and getting turned off. this is the best place, however, to start learning more. not so great for my wallet and all the purchases i plan to make as a result, but definitely great for my ears, and for shaking my 'groove thang.'
Dufresne
Ensign
Ensign

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alchemist wrote:
I started listening electronic music many years ago (when I was a kid!)

Like what, if you don't mind me asking?

Saffron wrote:
I feel that I can comfortably put myself into the first category.

Right on. *hi-5*

~D
France alchemist
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website alchemist's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dufresne wrote:
Like what, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind Wink Well, I still own tapes from Jean-Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Mike Oldfield, Kitaro, Kraftwerk... and some lesser known artists I can't remember right now. Unfortunatly, I'm not sure they could be well represented on Entranced as they're more on the new age side Cool
Dufresne
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, Alchemist. There are some diverse tastes around here for sure.

Who voted "Other" on the poll? and what is "Other" anyway?
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 17

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message molossus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dufresne wrote:
Who voted "Other" on the poll?

If my memory is OK, I did.

Quote:
and what is "Other" anyway?

Definitely there are some tracks here at EFM that I enjoy, but generally Trance/Chill is rather not my thing.

I'm here because I like Saffron's new idea and the way JERIC and Crew run all 24seven.FM websites.

Besides, I think this radio station has a chance to build another interesting community - just like SST did.

I hope you all have nothing against me being part of this community despite I'm not die-hard chill/trance fan Wink
France alchemist
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
I hope you all have nothing against me being part of this community despite I'm not die-hard chill/trance fan Wink

I'm all for it Molossus, welcome Very Happy
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 17

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message molossus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alchemist! Smile
USA zirael
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 20

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message zirael's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to a variety of genres, including rock, Hawaiian music, world music, but soundtracks are my first love.

I still like trip-hop and dancey beats with female vocals but some of this chill/trance definitely overlaps. Currently I'm into Royksopp and Portishead and think Bjork does strange but cool things with her music.
Dufresne
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:

Besides, I think this radio station has a chance to build another interesting community - just like SST did.

Right on molossus, good post. If there's one thing that people I've met here have in common, it's being open-minded about music and a willingness to have our horizons stretched a bit.

I too look forward to seeing what kind of community this turns into. Hopefully, it will continue to become it's own deal, with it's own vibe, separate from that "other station".

Good times.

~D
AK-Mal_Owner
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 57

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I also voted "other" .... I kind of fit that same description as molossus. I came to EFM out of curiosity, and stayed for the music. It's not my first choice... at least not all the time. I go through these cycles, it just so happens that I'm on a chill type of cycle. It usually precedes the harder club-thumping stage. For the most part I've enjoyed what I've heard of EFM and find it enjoyable to work to. I've rediscovered some old favorites I had forgotten about, and found some new ones to add to my collection.

-tg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: