Entranced.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of EFM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

EFM Store

:: EFM Store ::

Tell us about your Nickname...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
j2brown
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website j2brown's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It was "stolen" for SST originally, so it might as well go to all the 247 sites.

jeff
sdg

Last edited by j2brown on Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Axur-Furyen
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 140

Axur-Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Axur-Furyen's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I jumped my nickname "Furyen" over from SST. Axur, short for "Axur, king of Ormus", comes from Salieri's Opera of the same name. That being one of many Operatic performances I've enjoyed in my life.
Czech Republic pingu
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 13

pingu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail pingu's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Arrow Arrow

Smile
USA Max
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 103

Max is offline View user's profile Send private message View Max's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My nickname that I've used for the longest time (since the dawn of log-ins) has been "Pismeyer".

You've already noticed that I'm not using it now. Randy is my real name.

My poker screen nickname is still "Pismeyer" and that probably won't change. On EFM it will always be Max.

My screen name here on EFM has evolved:

Pismeyer
RandyDS
Maxcanis

To finally, Max

Smile

Last edited by Max on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
France alchemist
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 28

alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website alchemist's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the explanation, mr Pism... sorry RandyDS Smile

Yeah, nice avatar, can't figure out what it is exactly either Razz
Arya
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 164

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message Arya's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept my name from the "other" site Smile

I didn't get my name from Eragon, which I've never read, although lots of people think I did. Arya was a character that I thought up when I was a really little kid, and since I like her so much I use her name on the internets Razz
thur
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 24

thur is offline View user's profile Send private message thur's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just shortened mine from thuringwethil to thur, since everyone does that anyway.
USA Luther_III
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 53

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message Luther_III's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many here, I ported my avi from SST...

The nickname comes from a character in a novel I'm *ahem* 'working' on. I thought of the Luther avatar later.

However, my EFM avatar, of which I'm quite proud, represents some of my best ever Windows Paint work.

Mr. Green
ElJay
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 177

ElJay is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ElJay's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:15 am   Post subject: Tell you about my Nickname "EJ" ... Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
We all use nicknames here at EFM and this gives everyone an opportunity to share how they came up with their nickname.

What's to say about ElJay ?? - Not a lot. I am real, hm... Try to be it. So: no NickName. ElJay is "real". Why hiding ??

If you like, take the alternative. JayAr ("Ar" is part of family name). As yo like, or simply Jay.

I am first time here today. I mean at Entranced.FM. Since one month at SST (Rec.: Really ?? - Time is running... SST, how much time you took away from my life ??).

So nice to see here a lot of folks from there: LM, Obi-S, Dufr, W-Rabbit, PC, Nate (Congratulations for winning the contest. Who is your hair cutter, man ?? - Hot, hot... that made it, hm Wink ), GoeM, Gen-Drag, bpew... (sorry, who isn't named here now).

Let's see ! - When I entered, PinkFloyed in the rquest list came to my ears. That's it. Awesome... It can goe on like this.

I like such handmade unique, everlasting tunes. Don't need MTV unplugged, ha...

Peter Gabriel, that's another spacy sound. At all, everything what's excellent may come to my ear. But no trash, please...

We will see. Enough... Man, why I always have soooo much text in my postings ?? - Sorry guys and girlies. That's a tick from a "trueffle pig of information" !

Enjoy listening to good music ! - ElJay from Europe/Germany/Hamburg
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 168

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I already post this on the StreamingSoundTracks and 1980s, but for those who are only listening here I will post my explaination also here.

I think it all started when a friend and I worked on some projects on school. One of the project was to make a very simplified simulation of our solar system.
We had to think of a name, so we thought of the star Sirius.
Sirius appears as a single star to the naked eye, but it is actually a binary star system. So we thought that was for us a good choice. Two people working on a project with a result of one.

Beside school projects we did some video projects. Make some movies for weddings and parties. So we create things and the name Sirius Creations was born.
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 83

Wolf-wench is offline View user's profile Send private message View Wolf-wench's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:13 pm   Post subject: Nicknames! Reply with quote

Wolf-Wench...how much more explanation do you need (or want for that matter!)?

Well, for those of you just dying to know how Wolf-wench came about, here you go!

Wolf comes from my maiden name Wolfenbarger. My dad was always Wolf to everyone who knew him. He also owned wolves (yes, the live ones) for as long as I could remember. My dad passed away in 2004, and me being his only child felt the need to carry on the Wolf name Smile

Wench...that one comes from my husband. On a vacation he took to Florida, he attended one of the Medieval Dinner theaters and of course, they say "Wench...more ale!" So he began calling me wench. That has stuck with me for 20 years now. I even have a Wench following...of close girlfriends. We are all the Withlacoochee Wenches! (From the street we lived on).

So...combine the two..and you get my name. My attitude can be either one - depending on the day Wink
USA maddy
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 18

maddy is offline View user's profile Send private message View maddy's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found a previous post with a shortened version of why I have the name I do. Well, this is the longer version. Hope y'all don't mind reading it twice.

I'm another who used the same name from SST.

I'll go ahead and tell the story here too. My name comes from the mad scientist from the Bugs Bunny cartoons. The one who looked and talked like Peter Lorre. I found out later, he was an EVIL scientist, but by then it was too late. I'd already shortened Mad Scientist to Maddy. He had a red, hairy monster who's name was Gossamer. At the time I came up with the nickname, I had a red tabby cat who I named after that monster. Fit the cat, actually.

Well, Gossamer got really sick and I had to put him to sleep. On the day I signed the papers to have him euthanized, my friend and I started looking for another cat. I found out that I really needed something to come home to or I'd get REALLY depressed.

We went to a branch of the SPCA and I was looking at one tuxedo cat when I heard my friend say I really needed to see this cat she was looking at. I went over and saw some of the most beautiful green eyes looking up at me. I told the people who worked there I had just put my cat to sleep and they said then I really needed this baby and asked if I'd like to get into the large cage with her.

I did and she crawled onto my lap and started purring. I was lost. I agreed that I wanted her and went to pay for her. It was only then that I looked at the card with her information and found out her name was Madison. So now I'm maddy for another reason. Very Happy
Cadet 2

Member#: 320

choli is offline View user's profile Send private message choli's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If somebody still wants to know... my nickname was come from high school. There once, my dear friend was totally upset on me and she wanted to say "damn Anka" (in polish "cholerna Anka", where Anka is my real name) but she made mistake and she said "CholAnka" (somethig like damanka Wink). And until this time Cholanka was my nickname. Then it evolve to Cholinka. Short version of this name is Choli.
That's all Smile

I use nickname Cholinka or Choli everywhere I sign up.
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 261

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message weaponlordzero's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, same as on SST, DFM, and AFM, I got my name from a video game called Weaponlord. I then added "Zero" as a kind of differentiating tag. It's like how Bahamut became BahamutZero on Final Fantasy. I just took that principle and added it on to my name Smile
Ensign

Member#: 208

dragonfly is offline View user's profile Send private message dragonfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome in the EFM forums Weapon! Cool
It's your first post here Razz what a surprise to see you as "Cadet 1" Wink

As it goes about my nickname it really doesn't have any background nor funny/interesting story involved in the origin of it...

It came with me from SST (where I was signed in first) with a little modification (there I'm Dragon-fly).

I wanted to have a nickname connected with dragons but there are already so many dragons in the 24sevenfm's. So I thought that dragonfly has something in common with dragons but is still something different....
That's all
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: