Entranced.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of EFM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

EFM Store

:: EFM Store ::

Tell us about your Nickname...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Nate
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Nate's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:23 pm   Post subject: Tell us about your Nickname... Reply with quote

We all use nicknames here at EFM and this gives everyone an opportunity to share how they came up with their nickname.

My nickname: natedogg_23

The natedogg part is from my high school days when rap was big and their was one rapper that went by natedogg. Well since my real name is Nathan the nickname just kinda caught on and has stuck since even though I don't follow rap anymore. The 23 part is the jersey number of the greatest player to ever play the game of basketball, Michael Jordan. I also use this nickname at another 24seven station called Streaming Soundtracks.

So, that is the story of how I came up with my nickname. Now it is your turn to share!
bpewien
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 42

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website bpewien's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, that thread somehow really reminds me of a different thread on a different 24seven.FM-station... just which one? Razz

Nate, you were a rapper? Cool, do you still have some records of it, you could post them here? Very Happy

But anyway, I'd be glad to retell my story:
The city I live in is Vienna, capital city of the beautiful Austria, and in german Vienna is being spelled WIEN... so I just added my initials (B.P.E., though I usually don't use my second forename) before it and there you go, you've got your own personal Austrian composer at your service. Wink
Ensign
Ensign

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Nate's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

bpewien wrote:
Hm, that thread somehow really reminds me of a different thread on a different 24seven.FM-station... just which one?

Well bpewien, while it is listed at another site their will eventually be new users here as well so this thread will serve its purpose just like the other site. Plus, there are some that have chosen different names at EFM from SST *cough*LOTRking*cough* who may want to comment on there new name.

bpewien wrote:
Nate, you were a rapper? Cool, do you still have some records of it, you could post them here?

It appears my post may have been a bit confusing. I was never a rapper, I just listened to rap and rap was big when I was going to high school. One of the bigger rappers back then was named Nate Dogg and being that my real name was Nathan or Nate for short people called me natedogg. I no longer really listen to rap and much of the friends I had back then are no longer friends. So, to make it clear I never rapped just was nicknamed that based on a rapper. Hope that clears that up!
bpewien
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website bpewien's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
... Hope that clears that up!

Oh, absolutely! Wink
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

simple i carried my wise jedi name from SST
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 35

wrabbit is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail wrabbit's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

nate listened to rap music? *pictures nate beat-boxing for the ladies in oversized starter jacket, jeans on backwards, kriss kross playing in the background* i know, nate, i know - kriss kross will make you ~ jump! jump! *pulls out some old school fresh prince, b/c parents just don't understand*

wrabbit is short for whiterabbit. whiterabbit from alice in wonderland - my favorite movie of all time. i figured if i went with alice, everyone would think i was blonde and cute, or with queenofhearts, i'd get hit on all the time by the internet boys. while cute, i'm not blonde, (just one time that didn't go so well and all the pictures have since been burned), and i could do without the virtual molestation that comes with a name like queenofhearts.

as i mentioned on SST, i was surprised how many people thought i was a guy, which i just find funny, though understandable. especially when i first mentioned how much i liked alice in wonderland. until someone came out and asked me if i was female, i think they were all freaked out for a bit.
Dufresne
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 45

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

wrabbit wrote:
until someone came out and asked me if i was female, i think they were all freaked out for a bit.

You're a chick?!? Shocked
lol j/k
Nate
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dufresne wrote:
You're a chick?!?

Tell me about it Dufresne Shocked , my world has been turned upside down with this new piece of information Laughing
genericdragon
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 22

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
Dufresne wrote:
You're a chick?!?

Tell me about it Dufresne Shocked , my world has been turned upside down with this new piece of information Laughing

no, she's a rabbit! geez, don't you peeps pay attention to the nicknames? Wink

My nick is a carryover from SST. It's a mix of a role-playing character from T.F.O.S. named Generic Mann (He owned the rights to all Universal Products Codes throughout the Universe and used only generic versions of things.) and my tendency to draw/paint/sculpt dragons, like this one:

apparently I also have my own Chinese take-out restaurant...

bpewien
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

...slay her with this little plastic fork?? Shocked
You heard it, folks. Watch out for cookies! Laughing
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 35

wrabbit is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail wrabbit's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
Tell me about it Dufresne , my world has been turned upside down with this new piece of information

methinks nate needs to meet more girls. you'd think that wouldn't be so hard, with him being a rap star and all!

GD, i love dragons. i think i had the most fun looking for your motivational pic Wink
Dufresne
Ensign
Ensign

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, you're a good sport wrabbit.
Also, I "feel your pain" so to speak. I had been chatting at that other site for several weeks, maybe even months and I was asked apologetically if I was a girl or not. Oops! Oh well.

My screenname is my favorite character, from one of my all-time favorite films, The Shawshank Redemption.

I always thought your name was one of the coolest, genericdragon.
France alchemist
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 28

alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website alchemist's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
geomancer
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 50

geomancer is offline View user's profile Send private message geomancer's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

First post!

dufresne wrote:
I had been chatting at that other site for several weeks, maybe even months and I was asked apologetically if I was a girl or not.

Dufresne- So which is it then?
(I'm male.)

Alchemist- Dire Straits is awesome! Cool

My nickname was chosen because my work is in the field of geography. Exciting, isn't it?
Dufresne
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

geomancer wrote:
dufresne wrote:
I had been chatting at that other site for several weeks, maybe even months and I was asked apologetically if I was a girl or not.

Dufresne- So which is it then?
(I'm male.)

Uuuuh, I'm a dude. Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: