Entranced.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of EFM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

EFM Store

:: EFM Store ::

Artists Not Found In Playlist

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Would you like Compliation Artists added to Artist List?
Yes, I would like to be able to see this artist in the playlist
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
No, I would like to be able to request more than one track
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 13

USA Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 3

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:37 pm   Post subject: Artists Not Found In Playlist Reply with quote

The artists, such as Dave Seamand Phobos, that are "complitation" artists are not showing up in the playlist because they are not "the" artist of the tracks being played. Essentially, they are Various Artists albums, mixed by one DJ/person.

We do have a choice in regards to this. I can go in and add the respective compilation artist to each track on their albums and then their names will show up in the playlist.

There is a downside to this. If I do this then you will not be able to have more than one of the compliation artists albums in the queue. For example, if you choose a song from Dave Seaman's Cape Town album you can still pick from his Melbourne album while the first one is in the queue. IF I add Dave Seaman to all the artists on his cds when you pick any song from him, you make all his other compilation cds unrequestable until it plays.

Let me know what you all would like me to do.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
Argentina ensoniq-sd-1
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 65

ensoniq-sd-1 is offline View user's profile Send private message ensoniq-sd-1's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i voted no.
why? you ask? well, maybe this will help,lol:

Log: (looool)

14 Mar 07 - 18:32 > Saffron: exactly like that...so if you vote NO then all three albums would be in the queue.
14 Mar 07 - 18:31 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: i like to have that 3 albums in the queue
14 Mar 07 - 18:30 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: *with lady
14 Mar 07 - 18:30 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: is like batman zimmer/howard in queue qith lady in the water and Gladiator in the queue the 3 albums?
14 Mar 07 - 18:29 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: so in that case what i must vote then?
14 Mar 07 - 18:29 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: i see,ok, so, is a diferent artist then, so if some artist from that compilation album is already in queue i like that the original album from that artist be in the queue too.
14 Mar 07 - 18:27 > Peaches: EnSo, think of it as limiting the play section if you vote YES... More tracks / CDs available to play if you vote NO
14 Mar 07 - 18:23 > Saffron: it is different, a compilation artist is like a dj. He choses a variety of different artists and makes a cd out of them. It is more like a various artist cd but the person putting it together is given credit for the mix.
14 Mar 07 - 18:18 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: wait.. is compilation artist like an artist itself in the queue?
14 Mar 07 - 18:17 > Saffron: EnSo - then you would need to vote NO. Just know that you won't be able to see Ambient Dreams under Phobos.
14 Mar 07 - 18:16 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: so were to vote then?
14 Mar 07 - 18:15 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: i want to : able to have more than one of the compliation artists albums in the queue.
14 Mar 07 - 18:14 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: ouch, i think i don't understandEmbarrassed
14 Mar 07 - 18:14 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: i don't like that, so what i must vote then?
14 Mar 07 - 18:13 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: F I add Dave Seaman to all the artists on his cds when you pick any song from him, you make all his other compilation cds unrequestable until it plays.
14 Mar 07 - 18:12 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: aa ok
14 Mar 07 - 18:12 > Peaches: going for a walk... bbl
14 Mar 07 - 18:12 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: when i hit the phobos name it doesn't show the ambient dreams album
14 Mar 07 - 18:11 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: http://entranced.fm/modules.php?name=Requests&browse=artist&letter=p
14 Mar 07 - 18:11 > Saffron: EnSo - you are correct because he is not the true artist of any songs. He is just a Compilation artist. It is different.
14 Mar 07 - 18:10 > Saffron: that's my vote too peaches
14 Mar 07 - 18:10 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: saff i can't go to phobos from the letter p
14 Mar 07 - 18:09 > peaches: NO for me
14 Mar 07 - 18:09 > peaches: I did Big grin
14 Mar 07 - 18:08 > Saffron: Peaches your input would be appreciated too!
14 Mar 07 - 18:08 > Peaches: am I missing out on doing soemthing?
14 Mar 07 - 18:07 > Peaches: Big eek Saffron?
14 Mar 07 - 18:07 > EnSoNiQ-Sd-1: Smilegrinok
14 Mar 07 - 18:07 > Saffron: EnSo - FYI, I placed a poll in the general forum to address the issue you had earlier today.
France alchemist
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 28

alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website alchemist's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough one but I also vote no.

I prefer being able to request more, even if it affects the search engine!
USA Death_Medic
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 117

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Death_Medic's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is that it can be very confusing like on an ipod sure it was mixed by Seb Fontaine but it was recorded by Sara Mclaughn so it lists it as a sara song but its really a Seb song so this is kinda hard to do it so I'm going with no.
Cadet 3

Member#: 315

piecemeal is offline View user's profile Send private message piecemeal's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No way, we must give the devil its due, if you know what I mean. I agree with DeathMedic. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: