Entranced.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of EFM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

EFM Store

:: EFM Store ::

How did you find EFM?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Max
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 103

Max is offline View user's profile Send private message View Max's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:34 pm   Post subject: How did you find EFM? Reply with quote

Long journey to get here, but here it goes...

About 6 to 7 years ago my oldest son introduced me too Vocal Trance and Techno. Ivan Van Dahl, Armin Van Burren, and DJ (Insert name here).

I was and still am fascinated how a lyrical song can be mixed with a hard driving beat and other synthetic sounds. The musis to say the least was very very appealing to me. I've always loved percussion and the sound of a well played guitar, but this music was totally different, and I liked it.

Then I started listening to the lesser of Vocal and Trance, that would be "House". I couldn't find a comfortable feel for the types of House I was listening too so I went back to Vocal Trance. I would listen to the DJ's from another website (CrystalClouds) but really enjoyed one DJ alot named DJ Rob Evans. His music has some incredible Ambient/Vocal Tracks that made my hair stand up and just had a WOW too it. A couple of his tracks includes some of DJ Tiesto's mixes and music. I've downloaded a lot of his music and still listen to it today.

But I wanted to discover and listen to more of this type of music, I knew what to search for but I didn't know who to search for other than Tiesto and Rob Evans.

Sometime last year around March, I was listening to other websites on a weekend night trying to find something I liked but could be listened too at my work place. I was on ShoutCast typing in different things just to see what would come up. I would get all kinds of Trance and Vocal Trance stations but they all played a lot of the music that I already listened too. Then I type the following two words:

"AMBIENT TRANCE"

The top station on the search list was Entranced.FM, I clicked, I listened and I liked it!! I don't remember what the first song was I listened too but I knew it was exactly what I was looking for. Good Music, very easy listening, ambient and constant. Went into work the following Monday and switched our hold music over to it. Good Stuff, most all of it, there is some I don't care for but thank Saff I have a VIP status!!.

That's mine - Post yours please!

MaxCanis - Max - MC - Maximo - Maximus - Formally RandyDS
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 168

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have learned about this station through the site of StreamingSoundTracks

Five months ago (It feels much longer ago) a colleague told me about StreamingSoundTracks. After an evening browsing and listening to it, I began to love it very much and became a member. 2 weeks later I became an Annual VIP member.

2 months later I noticed that there were more stations from "the makers of" SST. So I listen to this station and liked it also. When I was browsing through some posts I saw there is a 24Seven VIP membership that will give you VIP status to all 24Seven stations. Because must say I like the new 1980s.fm station also.

So depending on my mood, time of the day, I am switching through these stations.

Smile

Last edited by SiriusCreations on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
terminalterror
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 38

terminalterror is offline View user's profile Send private message terminalterror's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

About two years ago I discovered Streaming Soundtracks.com through Live365.com. After long since abandoning Live365 and realising that I'd been listening to SST for a good portion of each day for about a year, I became a VIP member. Around that time, I noticed EFM mentioned in the SST forums and gave it a go. While SST is my station of choice, EFM is great when I to focus on something, like physics problem sheets for my degree.

It is the perfect balance between great music with plenty going on, but not distracting at all and it can just fade into the background when my concentration needs to be elsewhere. Also, most of the tracks played are fairly uniform, wheras on SST you can have quite dramatic changes in feel from one track to the next.

I'm not a fan of the music played on Death.FM, but I'll be tuning into 1980s.fm occasionally.
Poland dragonfly
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 208

dragonfly is offline View user's profile Send private message dragonfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I thought that it's a good place to enter the forums, so here I am Smile

In my case it was because of chat of StreamingSoundtracks. One day Twopop (I guess you all know, who am I talking about Razz ) mentioned about this station in chat and I've decided to check it out. That was the beginnig and now I'm a member of it Very Happy

I like this station, it's music and community, thanks Twopop Smile
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
I like this station, it's music and community

Great to hear dragonfly.

Enjoy!

(I have to update my post. Nowadays I am really active on 4 of 5 stations of 24Seven.fm. Occasionally you will find me on Death.FM)
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 320

choli is offline View user's profile Send private message choli's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm member of SST since Mar 10, 2003 but I've always only listened and requested nothing more. So in last week I visited all subpages there and when I saw contact site my surprise was huge when I perceived that Jeric and others had more than one radio!
Great work!! My appreciation.
Now I started informationing mission about my new discover Smile
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to EFM and enjoy your stay here. Smile
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 374

Gravgon is offline View user's profile Send private message Gravgon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just recently started to tune into entranced.fm and it is every word that describes excellence. I found it in windows media player radio tuner with a word search for ambient. I had listend to others who play electronic but I have to say entranced drops the bomb on me.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great to here that, Gravgon.

Welcome to EFM. Have a awesome stay here Wink
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 482

Alexey is offline View user's profile Send private message View Alexey's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this unbelievable radio stations on one Australian site (i don't remember the name of it) but i searched 24/7 new age music and ...
wow i found it place
USA gopherhockey
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 392

gopherhockey is offline View user's profile Send private message gopherhockey's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had found pulsradio.com a few years back and listened to it on and off. My wife listens to Tiesto and is a huge fan of Oakenfold, Moby etc. She grew up listnening to Cocteau Twins, Mazzy Star, The Cure etc. so introduced me to a lot of great music.

Then on a trip to Ireland I was staying at the Morrison Hotel in Dublin and they had this fantastic slower music playing... the hotel was dark, they had candles all over the place... the entire mood was perfect.

I think I did a search on Shoutcast for trance, downbeat etc. and finally ran into EFM. The thing I like about EFM is that the music has variety. It never ceases to introduce me to good new music. The community seems smaller than some places... more intimate. I really like the format of the web site - how you can easily view artists, add to favorites, rank music etc.

Been lurking for well over a year, just registered a few months ago. Now I pretty much keep the music on whenever I'm at a PC and even stream it through the iPhone when I work out using the Shoutcast app.

I admit I didn't like the chat window at first (I'm really more of a forums person - they allow me to collect my thoughts and be able to view the entire conversation before saying something) but it grew on me quickly. I don't participate a lot in chat.. mostly because I'm usually busy juggling 100 other things and can't get my brain in gear to engage in conversation and don't want to appear rude. Its a bit intimidating but I feel like I'm getting to know the 'regulars' here just by seeing some of the conversations now and again. I'll jump in when I can but appreciate when people say hello/good morning etc.

Thanks to everyone involved in this project.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have you here Alexey & gopherhockey! Maybe your wife gopherhockey would be interested in one of our other stations: http://1980s.fm/
Cadet 1

Member#: 542

cikapere is offline View user's profile Send private message cikapere's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

when i typed in google Jens Buchert - Sunset City
first result was Jens Buchert myspace
and second Jens Buchert - Sunset City entranced.fm Cool

that was my way to the EFM

Arrow peace everyone Idea
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice,

Welcome to EFM cikapere

Enjoy your stay here
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

btw I see a double post here, I think I need an admin to look for that, because when I wanted to split the second one for removing it but in that tool it is only showing one time...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: