Entranced.FM
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of EFM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

EFM Store

:: EFM Store ::

No Repeats... 3/8 Days?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA gopherhockey
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 392

gopherhockey is offline View user's profile Send private message gopherhockey's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:32 pm   Post subject: No Repeats... 3/8 Days? Reply with quote

So I've been hanging out here a while now but have been a listener for over a year and love EFM. One question, if I might: Can someone explain what the 3/8 means in the No Repeats Days?

I'm guessing its not 3/8 of a day. I'm guessing its not even 3 days based on how long a song is unavailable after played. So does that mean between 3 and 8, and if so what determines that?

It would be nice if there was something that showed when the song was last played. I tried to figure this out by just obvserving but have no idea if the songs I'm watching were played by someone else or not.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
USA Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 3

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GH! Glad to see another Minnesotan here (I was born and raised and live there until 2005 and I miss it).

3/8 means this:
3 = how many days before a song that has just been added will be available for repeats. This allows new music to be played more often in the first month on the playlist.

8 = how many days before a song that has been in the playlist longer will be available.

As far as your second question, if you choose an album and then hover over the Red "Track Recently Played" button of that song, the time until that song is ready to play will pop up.

I hope this helps a little. I know it can be a bit confusing. Feel free to say something in chat too if folks are around.

Saff
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA gopherhockey
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 392

gopherhockey is offline View user's profile Send private message gopherhockey's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer, makes perfect sense! I also didn't realize the hover thing, that is cool.

Not much for chat but I see the gang online during the day and it looks like a good group. Keep up the great work, maybe see you back in Minnesota someday... I too have moved away a few times but always end up coming back.
eman
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1788

eman is offline View user's profile Send private message eman's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyhow, just a suggestion for the EFM'ers to be even more unigue. Besides, we are the coolest!! Razz

_________

EMAN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Entranced.FM Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: